- Take a vacation. A real vacation with no work, no emails, no serious phone calls, no responsibility. Even if it’s just for a day or two.
- Go to Disney. Because Disney doesn’t count as a vacation and I’ve had tickets since our honeymoon. We planned on using them for our anniversary, but found out I was pregnant and wasn’t sure if I’d be able to ride anything. Now that we know it’s safe, I need some Mickey and Minnie in my life.
- Relax. This probably goes with the whole vacation thing, but I have a really hard time leaving all of my worries, stresses and work to just chill out. There’s always something that needs to be done. This summer, I’d like to relax.
- Spend the night at the beach. Not ON the beach, but AT the beach – even if it’s only a few minutes away. When I was little, every summer, my entire family (literally 25+ of us) would get a big beach house for a week. We’d play all day on the beach and stay up all night at the arcade or just having a big party and inviting everyone we met. It was the best. I really hope we can revive this tradition when baby Campbell is here.
- Make mock-tails. I love water, but it can get boring and restaurants don’t really offer much. It’s a simple dream, but it makes me happy.
- Have a cookout party. Sometimes I miss old fashioned pool parties. We used to have them all the time when I was little with all of our family, friends and neighbors then watch movies afterwards. You can’t go wrong!
- Go to the beach once a week- I know it’s a stretch, but a girl can dream.
- Turn off electronics as much as possible.
- Sit on the front porch with Mr. Charos and drink something cold and refreshing.
- Embrace afternoon rainstorms that we always get here in FL by cuddling up with a good book or taking an afternoon nap.
- Collect as many vintage bathing suits and sunglasses as I can get my hands on.
- Eat tons of in season fruit.
It’s as simple as that! What are your summer dreams? Feel free to leave them in the comments below or make a list on your blog as well and let us know where to find it!
All this talk about summer makes us want to watch Grease…add that to our list.