Looking back on 2012’s goals, I am happy to say that last year was pretty successful and exciting (despite the fact that we still can’t do a split). In the past, I had always set unatainable goals and it was a refreshing change to see that change. I’ve been thinking about goals for 2013 this week and figured now is a perfect time to share them and re-cap on last year!
Last Year’s Goals:
- Learn to do a split. This just isn’t going to happen. Actually, maybe it will be one of those “stop wishing for it and it will come” things. Nope. Probably not.
- Limit Waste. While we didn’t have a hand in it, our city did start a recycling program that we participate in. Curbside pickup makes limiting waste so much easier!
- More Friend & Family Time. We’ve definitely improved on this one! This past year has been a lot of fun. Katie and I keep an ongoing group text with our friend Sarah and we have been making a point to get together more often! In the past 2 months, we’ve gotten together for Friendsgiving, Friendsmas, New Year’s Eve and a much needed girls night out. I’d call that a success!
- Knit & Sew. I still can’t knit, but I did sew all of Judah’s bedding and Katie spent all day yesterday altering a pile of thrifted clothes. Now we just need to keep this one up!
- Buy Local. So, we do love shopping local, and even on the non-local items, we like to purchase them at smaller local retailers, but we could definitely still work on this one. I think I may put this on the 2013 list!
- Get Creative. I think we let you guys down on this one! Another one to add to 2013. Maybe we can even get baby Judah involved in some crafts.
- Get Organized. We were doing pretty well with planning until I got pregnant, then it was all downhill on the organizational front. I think we may be back on track now, but hold us to it!
- Meet New Friends. We’ve definitely grown a lot since we began and have met several other bloggers that we admire so much! We’re SO excited about all of our new online friends and so happy to share our lives with you.
- Get Productive. Working from home with a baby has proven to be pretty tough. A lot of nights are spent on the computer until 9 or 10, which puts a strain on productivity in other areas of life. This one is definitely coming to 2013 with me!
- Learn More. So, 2012 was mostly spent learning how to be a mom and own a business. 2013, teach me more!
- Become Photoshop Pros. Okay, so I’ve come to terms with the fact that we’ll never be as awesome as Pugly Pixel. However, I will say Photoshop comes MUCH easier now!
Kortney’s 2013 Goals:
- Get Healthy. This should actually be titled “fit in my old pants”, but it’s not just about appearance. I tend to jump into my health-kicks full force, but since I have another human depending on me, dieting and detoxing isn’t an option. So instead of cutting calories, I’m focused on eating clean (vegan, of course and as preservative-free as possible) and working out 6 days a week toggling between the Couch to 10K app and Ashtanga yoga. Eventually, I’ll get back to lifting weights as well, but that’ll come when Judah is hang-out-with-the-grand-parents-for-a-couple-of-hours-ready. I’m on week 2, which means I’m still not in those damn pants, but I definitely feel better!
- Get Productive. My days can be crazy and hard to plan since I’m not on my own schedule, but I sometimes find my mind wandering when Judah is asleep and I could be getting productive. I’ve gotten back to my to-do lists and am determined to focus on productivity. If I tell myself my work day will end at 5 and push towards it, maybe it will happen!
- Learn More. I’m learning how to be a working mama every day, but I’ve noticed that I’ve been neglecting myself a lot in the process. Maybe I’ll learn to home brew beer or juggle. Send me what you’ve got, 2013!
- Write a Book. This one is in the beginning stages, but that’s all the secrets I can give! I have been keeping the idea on the DL for a while, but figured I’d hold myself more accountable if I shared it with you!
- Cook More. Food adversions pushed me away from cooking when I was pregnant then we had so much help in this area after Judah was born. So now that it’s back on my to-do list, I chalk up the lack of drive to being tired (and a bit lazy to be honest). However, I’d really like to get back to veg-i-fying recipes and eating home cooked meals every day!
- Make Time for Crafts. This didn’t happen too often last year (with the exception of the baby room), so I’m hoping this year that we can start scheduling “DIY Dates”!
- Buy Local. Sure, we can’t buy everything local, but I love trying – especially when it comes to baby items. If we can’t find it second hand or hand made, local shops it is!
- Eat Organic. I’ve always tried to eat organic, but it didn’t seem like as big of a deal until what I ate nourished a life other than my own. We have several local, organic produce delivery services that I’ve been dying to try out which would definitely make my life easier!
- Husband Time. Of course I see John every day, but a lot of that time is spent with him on one computer and me on the other. I love being Judah’s mom, but I also love being John’s wife, which means I have to make time for him as well.
Katie’s 2013 Goals:
- Eat more Fruits and Veggies. You would think since I eat a plant based diet I would reach my daily recommended fruits and vegetables everyday, but that isn’t always so. Sometimes I get so busy (or lazy) I end up eating junk food, or not eating all day until dinner time. By 6:00 I eat a huge burrito and feel horrible. In 2013, I will snack on good things, and eat real meals with lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Go to the Doctor. Since Alexander and I got married I have not gone to any Dr. Besides the chiropractor. Even though I have health insurance I have neglected to even go in for a check-up. This year I will get my blood work done, my wisdom teeth taken out, and all other routine stuff that I am dreading.
- Save Money. This needs no explanation. It’s time to get serious about saving for a house, a future and little ones.
While we have several other personal, work and blog related goals, these are a few of our main focuses for the year. We’re so excited for 2013 and can’t wait to see what the year has in store!
What are some of your 2013 goals?