In our book, Friday is for fun, friends & fruit-filled desserts. It seems lately, every sweet treat we have conjured up has been on the fly & consisted of left over ingredients that need to be used. What better to use them for than a fancy dessert that could also double as a breakfast delight?
These little mini-turnovers are packed with the flavor of slightly tart & cinnamon-y apples with a little sweet cream & we think you are going to love them!
What You Need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Tear the pastry sheet apart at the folds (to be 3 long sheets), then cut each sheet in half making 6 small rectangles
- Put two Tbs of Tofutti cream cheese a bit off the (imaginary) diagonal center “fold” of each small sheet *You will have some cream cheese left over
- Cut your apple into 6 long slices & place one slice on top of each cream cheese heap
- Using the syringe, place 2-3 drops of liquid vanilla stevia on the apple (one towards each corner & one in the middle if you please)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Fold your pastry sheets in half diagonally, making sure all of the ingredients stay perfectly packed in the pockets, and press the edges together tightly *you can even fold the ends over a bit & sprinkle with brown sugar if you’re feeling crazy
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden
- Sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top for looks & serve! *For a little added sweetener & visual effects, drizzle a bit of agave over the turnovers and onto the plate.
We love quick and simple desserts! What are some of your favorite go to sweets?