Hey ladies & gents, Katie here. I’m kind of known for my chocolate chip cookies & for years I’ve sworn by a Martha Stewart recipe (the cookbook page is covered in a dusting of flour and spills of vanilla extract). Since cutting most animal products from my diet I needed a new cookie recipe that I could mix up in an instant and always have the ingredients on hand. After many attempts (and many fails) I am proud to share with you my NEW cookie recipe!
I whipped these babies up the other night, about 20 minutes before we had company coming over. They we so quick and simple and went over so well that there was only a few left to take pictures of!
- I used coconut oil. If you don’t have that around try substituting it for other type of oil or vegan butter.
- I use sea salt when baking cookies because I like a little bit of saltiness to my dough. If you prefer a sweeter dough I suggest using table salt.
- Vanilla soy milk was my milk of choice, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- You can also mix in some nuts, dried fruit or anything else you’d like to add
What You Need:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the liquid coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the milk alternative & vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate morsels & any other mix-ins of your choosing.
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on an ungreased cookie sheet, then flatten them out a bit with yout palm.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
That is it! You have officially made the best vegan chocolate chip cookies ever! Hope you enjoy your sweet treats!
What is your favorite type of cookie?