A couple of years ago, my friend Ryan from peta2 put a picture on facebook of vegan pigs in a blanket he had just made. Needless to say, I was intrigued, had to make them on my own and have been making them on the reg ever since.
What You Need:
- 2 packs (or 16 total) of vegan crescent rolls (Sweet Bay’s store-brand big & flaky are vegan!)
- 1 pack (or 8 total) of vegan hotdogs (Smartdogs tend to be my go-to)
- 1 can of vegan chili (I use Amy’s medium with beans and tofu crumbles)
- 8 slices of vegan cheese (I used to use Daiya for this, but I’ve found that the Tofutti slices are not only easier, but the way they melt goes better with this recipe).
1. Place your crescent rolls on a baking sheet (I like to cover mine with parchment paper 1st) and flatten them out with your fingers.
2. Add 1/2 of a cheese slice to the wide end of each crescent roll.
3. Add one heaping tablespoon of chili on top of the cheese.
These little vegan chili cheese dogs are the best for non-vegan get togethers as no one can tell the difference and everyone loves them! What’s one of your favorite “there’s no way that’s vegan” recipes?