Sometimes, when life (and the flu) happens, weekly family portraits don’t. This week I’ll play catch up though!
Some kind of crazy super-flu is going around here. I’m hearing about it left and right! We usually catch an annual cold that lasts for a few days max, but this thing wiped us out! It’s been over 3 weeks since we first started feeling terrible and while the body aches have left us, Judah and I still have bad coughs and rattling chests!
Thankfully, we started feeling much better by Thanksgiving. It was so nice to take some time off and completely unplug. I didn’t even take pictures of our vegan + mostly gluten-free feast (is this the biggest blogger no-no?) and John had a few days off work AND school- a Thanksgiving miracle! In case you were wondering, we had Tofurky, gluten-free mac-n-cheese, sweet potato casserole, maple soy green beans, basil rosemary mashed potatoes, a caramel apple pie & pumpkin pie. It was wonderful, but I’m glad the leftovers are gone.
- On our way to spend some time together Christmas shopping and attempting to meet Santa. He was too popular though (read: 1 year olds do not wait in line). This was the only picture John let me get of him. I don’t think he’s a family photo fan.
- Thanksgiving day cheesin.
- How Judah, Grover and I “Christmas shop”- we try on hats and give kisses.
- My little elf on the shelf and his Christmas ornament for 2013. We started a new tradition where we each get our own ornament + 1 family ornament each year. We are going to be well-stocked. Also, Judah keeps bringing me the “balls” from the tree. Apparently ornaments that resemble toys are not the best idea for toddlers.
- We all shared some of the best organic hot apple cider (from Whole Foods!) after a long day. Judah got a tiny splash of it in his water and thought he was the coolest.
How was your Thanksgiving? What did you eat? Do you have any family traditions for the Holidays? Has the flu been traveling around your area? If so, what are some of your favorite natural remedies?