So, remember our amazingly awesome friend Franny & his ridiculously delicious Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes? Well guess what? Franny is back & ready to share his top secret recipe for Vegan Strawberry-Banana Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting JUST in time for Valentine’s Month!
So without further adieu, let us present to you Franny’s Fabulously Fantastical February Frosted Fruit Cupcakes (yes, we went there)!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk well
- In another mixing bowl whisk together the buttermilk substitute, sugar, soy milk, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Add the bananas and strawberries to the mixture
- Pour or spoon into paper lined cupcake tins & bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool before removing from pan & while you’re waiting, make the frosting!
Strawberry cream cheese frosting ingredients:
- Combine the Tofutti, Earth Balance, milk, salt, vanilla, lemon juice, strawberries and sugar in a mixing bowl
- Once well mixed you may start adding more sugar if needed *You want the frosting to be the consistency whipped cream
- I put my filling in a zip-lock bag and sliced off the corner to pipe the filling into the center
- Top each cupcake off with slices of fresh strawberries
So, if you haven’t met Franny yet, you are really missing out. This wonderfully talented human being is one of our favorites & we wonder every day why he is not our neighbor. Maybe one day…we can dream, right? To keep up with his daily life, be sure to follow him @FrannyLopezz on twitter & Instagram & check out his tumblr while your at it!
What Sweet Treats will you be making this Valentine’s Day?
By the way, if you would like the heart shaped paper background we used, you can download it for free here!