Because sometimes you have beets and fennel in your fridge and you need to use them before they go bad.
Peace, love and Pate.
What You Need
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 small carrots, chopped into pieces
- 1/4 of an average size beet, chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fennel
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
How To Do It
- Place the cashews and sunflower seeds in a bowl and cover them with enough water so that they are completely covered. Set aside and soak for 10 minutes.
- Place the carrots, beet, fennel, water, olive oil, sea salt and lime juice in the food processor.
- Drain the water from the cashews and sunflower seeds and put them into the food processor. Process until smooth, for about 5 minutes. You will need to stop the food processor and scrape down the sides intermittently so that the pate does not stick to the side of the food processor.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or warm crusty bread.
If you want more creative vegan ideas, check out my website, boldvegan.com.