Hey, Its Katie here! Since it’s peach season, I wanted to share my love for peaches with you. I wait all year long for a good Georgia peach that I have to eat over the sink because with every bite the juice drips down my arm.
Now that my mouth is watering, here’s a recipe that I made up to indulge my love for this sweet fruit. I suppose you can make it with canned peaches, or even mangos but I doubt it will be as irresistible (to me at least). Mr. Charos is a salsa hog so he mixes this in with some regular store bought tomato salsa for longevity and his own taste preferences. I would rather eat it plain on a chip (or from a spoon), but you decide what you like…
What You Need:
- About 5 peaches
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- a few leaves of cilantro
- ½ of a sweet onion
- ½ a lime or some lime juice
- a pinch of salt
- Gather all of your ingredients. Dice the jalapeño (taking out seeds if you don’t like the heat, or leaving them in if you do) and add them to the bowl. Dice the ½ onion and cilantro as well
- Prepare a large pot of water on the stove to boil and a large bowl with ice and water for an ice bath. while waiting for the water to boil slice a small X into the bottom of each peach
- Once water is boiling put peaches in and blanch them for no longer than 30 seconds.
- Scoop them out and immediately transfer them into an ice bath.
- Once they are cool enough to handle slide the skin off starting at the X.
- Take out the pit and cut into small pieces. I like to have mostly small pieces and a few bigger hunks for texture in the salsa. Add the cut up peaches to the bowl. Add a pinch of salt and squeeze of lime and mix it all together.
I like to put mine in the fridge to cool but usually we just dig right in! What’s your favorite peach dish?