A few months ago, John asked for a vegan version of orange chicken. I had been thinking about how I was going to replicate the dish for a while & just happened to come across Gardein‘s Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n. I am not big on fake meats, but I have to say, this stuff is UH-MAZE-ING! It is our new go-to meal when we are cooking for the carnivorous.
On top of it being delicious, the recipe is so quick & simple & Gardein can be found in most grocery stores now, which makes me love it even more!
What You Need:
- Boil brown & wild rice then set aside
- Place Gardein sauce packet in warm water to thaw & set aside
- Heat olive oil in a non stick pan on medium high
- Add “chick’n” to olive oil and cook until slightly crisp
- Add veggies to the chicken & olive oil- cook until tender & still slightly crisp but not too long as they get soggy *You may need to add more olive oil depending on the amount of vegetables
- Add Gardein sauce to the chicken & veggies, mixing well
- Add the rice, hoisen sauce & sweet chili sauce to the mixture
Serve to your guests & enjoy!
Have you tried Gardein products before? Which are your favorite?
1st Photo template courtesy of Pugly Pixel.