Searing is usually something that I associate with meat, but long gone are the days where I would pan sear a steak or roast. However, I used a similar searing technique with zucchini and it almost made it “meaty”… Is that weird?
Anyways, This recipe can be thrown together in a matter or minutes and it’s great with pasta or potatoes. Since it has only 3 ingredients (not including salt & pepper), it’s super cheap to make too!
- Earth balance or oil
- Salt & pepper
- Turn your skillet up to medium heat and melt earth balance.
- Mince a garlic clove or two and sauté them.
- While the garlic is sautéing, slice zucchini lengthwise and add some salt & pepper.
- Place zucchini face down in the pan for a few minutes until you see it a bit blackened and crisp.
- Flip and do the same on the other side!
- Once it is seared on both sides, put a lid on the pan and lower temperature. Allow it to steam for a few more minutes until the zucchini is easily pierced with a fork.
What are some of your favorite healthy, fancy, fast, delicious and cheap recipes?