We’ve waited for this time all year – Strawberry Season is finally here! Apparently it even makes me rhyme. Since this is such an exciting time for us, we’ve decided to make March “Strawberry Month”. We’ll be sharing a different strawberry-based recipe here each week starting today with this little smoothie!
What’s so great about smoothies is you can sneak some vegetables & vitamin rich powders in without affecting the taste at all. Also, the ingredients here can vary according to your preferences, so don’t feel tied down to the specifics. This is more or less just meant to get you thinking about these little red berries from Heaven.
What We Used:
- 8oz vanilla almond milk *I would typically use carrot juice instead, but this one was for my husband who LOVES almond milk
- 1/2 – 3/4 C vanilla almond/soy ice cream or yogurt
- 1 scoop of Garden of Life Raw meal replacement powder
- 1 handful of spinach (an easy way to get some veggies in your diet without noticing it)
- As many ripe & sweet strawberries as you’d like
- 1-2 syringes of liquid vanilla stevia
- Blend your ingredients together well & enjoy!
Our berries weren’t ripe for some reason, so I had to add a banana for a little extra sweetness. Next time, I am going to pick them myself to ensure the best quality possible!
What are some of your favorite strawberry recipes?