Are you going to South by Southwest this week? Yeah, me neither. However my husband, Alexander, is and he’ll probably end up living off of subway and other cheap fast food. When he leaves for tour, recording, or road trips I always try to fix him some healthy food to take on the road with him. I decided to make some good-for-you cookies that are inspired by his favorite dessert: carrot cake.
These babies have whole wheat flour & flax seed for protein, fiber, magnesium & omega-3 fatty acids. They also have other health gems like coconut oil, pineapple, shredded coconut & 100% maple syrup for vitamins & antioxidants. So basically, these cookies will keep him fueled for rockin’ & rollin’ all week.
Oh, and it seems I have misplaced my camera, so until I can find it you will have to tolerate an instagram picture of the cookies. (Follow us for more pictures of our adventures: veganhousewiveskortney & kateinberry.)
What You Need:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, flax, spices, baking powder & salt together in a large bowl.
- Add coconut oil, syrup, pineapple, coconut & carrot.
- Form about 1 tbs full balls and place on cookie sheet. Press them down lightly with your palm to flatten them a bit.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to wire rack to continue to cool.
If you will be at SXSW this week, check out Alexander and The Grapes at one of their three shows.
Also, here’s a Grape’s song for Music Monday: