So, I don’t like Biscotti. Well, I didn’t until I had some a few months ago at my friend Rachel’s house. Any biscotti I’ve ever had has always been so hard it could break your teeth but, this one was different. It was crisp, not hard and it was vegan! I’m sure it helped that it had chocolate it in. I knew I had to make my own.
This recipe was adapted from one I found over at Oh She Glows. Since I hate eggnog and it’s way past Christmas I figured I would make these chocolate chip & walnut. Chocolate makes everything tastier- especially cookies that can be passed off as breakfast.
What You Need:
Preheat oven to 350 & line a baking sheet with wax paper
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl & wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Combine the two bowls & mix with your hands (being careful to not overmix).
- Divide the dough in half and place on prepared baking sheet.
- With palm of hand, press down each half to flatten.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over top of one half and roll it out into a log (approx 10 inches by 5 across and 1/2 inch thick), using your hand to shape as necessary.
- Repeat with the second log.
- Score logs with a sharp knife and bake at 350 for 30 min. Take out and REDUCE HEAT TO 325. Cut the biscotti and lay them on their side. Bake at 325 for 5 minutes then flip and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack for one hour & then store.