Sometimes all you have is 10 minutes and the thought of taco hell is gag-tastic.
Here is a recipe to stash in your back pocket for the next time you find yourself short on time.
It’s vegan and full of love.
10 Minute One Pot Pasta with Walnut Parmesan
What You Need
- 12 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, de-stemmed and cut in half
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1/2 cups vegan broth or stock (I use Not Chick’n broth by Edward & Sons)
How To Do It
- Place all of the ingredients into a large pot (make sure that the pasta lays flat. If the pasta is longer than your pot, simply break the pasta in half).
- Bring to a boil and stir to make sure that the pasta is not stuck on the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer for 9-13 minutes (after the pasta comes to a boil) uncovered.
- Liquid should be absorbed but not completely.
- Test the pasta after 9 minutes. If it’s soft enough for you then turn off the heat. If not, let it cook a few more minutes.
- Once pasta is soft, the dish is ready.
- Stir one last time, dish it into bowls and sprinkle with walnut parm.
You have dinner!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
To make the walnut parmesan:
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until there are no more big chunks of walnuts.
Place in a container and store in the fridge.
Do you need more vegan recipes in your life? If so, I’ve got you covered. My new cookbook, Bold Vegan – Food for the Body and Soul, is now available on my website. It is filled with Western and Asian comfort food recipes. Everything from Pot Pie to Pho. It will have you grinning (and glowing) from ear to ear.