This past week, it finally started to cool off and feel like fall (well, Florida fall at least). It’s so wonderful! To cembrace the season, we’ve been eating a lot of orangey, fall-worthy meals (I shared the Pumpkin Alfredo here)!
I’ve also been trying to make our meals baby friendly so that Judah can try exciting new things. It’s great for everyone because everything has been free of sugar, preservatives and processed foods! He is obsessed with sweet potatoes and all things curry, so this one was actually inspired by his incredibly advance infant (or toddler?) palette!
And for those of you pressed for time, this is a “one dish” full meal, so it’s so easy to make and clean up! Mamas, can I get an amen?!
- 2 15oz cans of garbanzo beans (even better if they’re fresh!)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 apples (I used Golden Delicious)
- 1 sweet onion
- 8oz of tempeh (optional, put it’s one of Judah’s favs!)
- 1 handful of fresh basil (funny side note: I actually sent John & nephew to the yard to pick the basil from the yard and they came pack with weeds that were growing in the pot the first time. I shit you not. It was amazing.)
- 2 3-4” sprigs of rosemary
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 Tbs pureed ginger
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp tumeric (this stuff is a miracle spice! The health benefits are ridiculous!)
- A dash of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Chop everything into bite size pieces
- Mix well & bake (covered) for 45 mins to an hour or until your sweet potatoes are the consistency you like!
I served this with a big spinach salad to get some extra raw greens in, but it would be great with any sort of light, steamed veggies too! I hope you (and your little ones) enjoy this simple, healthy meal!
PS: the leftovers are great as taco/burrito/wrap fillings!