I usually try to take pictures of the cooking process much more than I did with this recipe. However, in all honesty, it was so simple and last minute that I wasn’t planning on enjoying it enough to share. But I did. So…I’ll share.
What you need:
- 1/2 a head of purple cabbage
- 2 zucchini
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large yellow onion
- A few handfuls of fresh spinach
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp of maple syrup (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup of Braags Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place a large pan on your burner & turn up the heat (high)!
- Chop all of your veggies into bite size pieces (I shredded the carrots).
- Place the onion & cabbage into the pan first and let them blacken a bit on the edges (5-7 minutes worked for me), then add the carrots & zucchini.
- Once everything is cooked (I like everything to remain bright & crispy), add your basil, spinach, Braags & maple syrup.
- Mix well until the spinach as wilted to your liking.
If you’re making this as a side dish, it’s great topped with hemp seeds, chia seeds & flax oil. I made it more of a full meal by topping it with a crockpot wild rice, quinoa, lentil & garbonzo bean mixture. Oh, and Siracha. Always Siracha.
Purple cabbage is so pretty and I love colorful meals, but I’m always so hesitant to buy it! What are some of your favorite ways to eat cabbage? I’d love to hear them in the comments below!