I’m currently on a sugar bender that I am about to get off from.
Last week, I wrote about Vanilla Cinnamon Coffee Cake and now we have chocolate chip cookies. I thought I would give you the sweet and naughty stuff before I go back to healthy good for you recipes (yes, even vegan chocolate chip cookies are bad for you. Bummer, I know).
Enjoy – because next week it’s nothin’ but quinoa and veggies, baby.
The Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie
(Makes around 14)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream the coconut butter, Earth Balance, sugar, almond milk, and vanilla until it is creamy and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add the butter / sugar mixture to the flour mixture and stir until ingredients are combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir again until they are thoroughly mixed in.
- Take 1 heaping tablespoon at a time and place on a baking sheet a couple of inches apart from one another.
- Press down slightly with a spoon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
If after your sugar buzz, if you want to plan some real eating, check out my two cookbooks here.