It’s officially “strawberry month” here at vegan housewives! The first thing we think of this time of the year is strawberry shortcake. So for our second strawberry themed recipe this month, shortcake was a must!
We decided to make the “shortcake” into cupcakes & used a simple vegan recipe in place of the more traditional angel food cake. You’re welcome to make you own vegan whipped cream or just buy it like we did!
What You Need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Stir in wet ingredients until most lumps are gone.
- Pour into muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Wash and cut the strawberries (don’t worry about drying them) & put them on a bowl
- Sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries & stir.
- Let the strawberry mixture sit in the refrigerator for a few hours (or as long as you can stand).
- Pour over cooled cupcakes & top with vegan whipped cream.
This is one of our favorite treats & we hope you love it as much as we do!
What’s your favorite thing about strawberry season?