For the past 2 weekends, Kortney & I have gone to a hydroponic farm near our houses to pick fruits & veggies. Last weekend we picked some especially sweet and juicy strawberries and I could not resist making something fun with them.
Since it has been warm here (in the 80’s!), I decided to break out my ice cream maker. I was trying for traditional ice cream, but it seemed to turn into more of a sorbet, which was fine by me. I threw in a few semi sweet chocolate chunks for serving, which made it extra tasty.
What You Need:
- Coarsely mash strawberries, sugar, salt, and lemon juice with a potato masher.
- Take half of the strawberry mixture and put it in a blender or food processor with the creamer.
- Combine the two mixtures again and refrigerate for a few hours until it’s very cold.
- Freeze in the ice cream maker for about 30 minutes or by your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm.