Hello! We are Kortney & Katie of Vegan Housewives and we are so very happy to have you here! This is our little corner of the internet where we will share with you little snippets of our daily lives as well as things that we love & think you may enjoy also!
We have a passion for vegan food, arts & crafts, and all things vintage, but have found that things can get a bit pricey. Often times, recipes call for ingredients that we (the well-versed chefs that we are) have never heard of. Maybe we lack credibility because our vocabularies don’t contain edible ingredients that we are unable to pronounce, but we like to think we are not alone in this.
Our mission is to create (& re-create) recipes that are simple, cheap and vegan (yet carnivore friendly), as well as show the world that being vegan doesn’t mean you can’t have fun!
What you will find in our humble e-bode:
- Deliciously fun vegan recipes
- Delectable sweet treats that even a food detective wouldn’t know were vegan
- Restaurant reviews of everything from fast food to strictly vegan diners
- Cruelty-free fashion & beauty products that have been tested on humans only (aka ourselves)
- DIY, homemade projects & thrift finds
- Exciting events & little tidbits of our daily lives
- An online shop with vintage & handmade treasures
- And of course, some posts & feedback from our incredibly talented (and might we ad strikingly handsome) husbands!
What you won’t find here:
- Pushy vegans
- Comments (by us or readers) that could be offensive or hurtful
We would also like to give a very special thank you to all of our friends on facebook & twitter who have patiently stuck with us while we were getting the site up & running. We hope it was worth the wait & that each time you visit our little space, you leave more inspired than the last!
Is there something specific you would like to see featured here? Want to plan an event, or just think that we would be swell friends? Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments, submit a recipe to be veg-i-fied, or contact us via email. We would love to hear from you!